“Dream big, acComplish bigger.” Is MY MOTTO
Avanti is a pre-teen technology specialist at Workshop4Me, since January 2017. Avanti is interested in the capability of Science and Technology. Avanti likes to share the joy of coding with children in the age group of 7 to 14 yrs. Avanti spends her after school hours participating in coding competitions, attending or addressing conferences, running workshops and being with family and friends. The available time gets filled with gymnastics or playing the piano which she loves to learn on her own.
Avanti launched Codeutainment on Feb 8, 2019 – a revolutionary concept, first of its kind in the world, where Coding, Science and Mathematics are presented in an entertaining manner in a movie hall to simulate the experience of watching a thrilling movie.
Awards and recognition:
- Selected to represent European School Kirchberg Luxembourg for the European School Science Symposium at Mol, Belgium March 31st – April 3, 2019 for ‘Smart Cap’ project
- Was selected as semi-finalist in Technovation Challenge 2018 worldwide mobile app development contest. Avanti’s Team ACAD2018 built an app MyEco about the environment and was selected among the 100 semi-finalists out of 2000 apps.
- In March 2018, had been nominated for the Technology Playmaker award 'Rising Star of the Year' category. Avanti was invited to the inaugural ceremony at the Museum of London hosted on International Women's Day with a gala dinner with 100 women leaders in technology. Avanti was felicitated by Gilian Tans, President and CEO Booking.com. Randi Zuckerberg, CEO of Zuckerberg Media mentioned me in her speech and spent time talking to me about our possible collaboration in her DOT Complicated project aimed towards encouraging teenage girls to take up coding. Soon after, she invited me on her Business Radio show Dot Complicated. Recording: Radio Recap.
- In April 2017, along with the Luxembourg team, Avanti participated in the Technovation Challenge. The team coded a mobile app One-Click Safety App and also wrote a business plan for it.
Speaker at technology, education and entrepreneurship conferences:
- Addressed Disrupt X Session at Global Business Summit on Feb 22, 2019 in New Delhi as the youngest ever speaker. Shared her thoughts on the changes which are needed to make technology more accessible to bring about social change especially empowering girls in Coding and STEM skills.
- Addressed the Diversity Summit at KPMG, 20 September 2018, where Avanti’s co-Panellists were highly accomplished professionals, entrepreneurs and politicians from all over Europe, including the former and the lady Dy. Prime Minister of Luxembourg. Video here
- Spoke at Campus Italia technology conference in Milan in July 2018 on the subject of making technology more accessible to children.
- Was in the panel at the Women and Girls in Science conference in London on 10-11 Feb 2018 at Microsoft Accelerator, together with women leaders in technology.
- Addressed the Scratch Conference in Budapest, Hungary in August 2017 in the presence of the founder-cum-MIT Prof. Mitchel Resnick at Learning Research cell at the MIT Media Lab, where Mitchel leads the Lifelong Kindergarten research group. Available online: Photos of the event, my talk and the Scratch conference video
Prominent Media coverage:
- Maker Magazine of December 2018
- Journal.lu French newspaper of 27th November 2018
- Randi Zuckerberg, CEO of Zuckerberg Media interviewed me on a Business Radio show Dot Complicated aimed towards encouraging teenage girls to take up coding Recording: Radio Recap.
Special coding events:
- Hour of Code event at Microsoft Luxembourg aimed for 6-13 year old children, in December 2017.
- In January 2017, Avanti ran a paper based introduction to coding workshop, graph paper programming for the 6-8 year old Beavers and their siblings.